July 26, 2011

Only 1 More

Everyone in my family has now celebrated 1 birthday.

We have made it through 1 Thanksgiving.....1 Christmas.....1 New Year celebration.

We ventured on 1 family vacation.

Organized 1 Bible Marathon.

Made it through 1 Easter season.....Mom's favorite time of year.

I conquered 1 trip to Covenant Life Church.

Looked through pictures of my parent's wedding on what would have been their 30th Anniversary, 1 time.

Attended the reunion for my Mom's side of the family 1 time.



Yes, our family has now made it through all of our 'firsts' without Mom.....all but one. Two weeks from today, on August 9th, we will remember our Mom's final day in this life. I don't know where the past year has gone. You could tell me that her funeral was just yesterday, and I would believe you. It is still so fresh in our minds.

Only 1 more first to make it through without my Mom. People have told me it gets easier after that; I don't believe them.

Where has the time gone?

2 comments:

Chuck said...

and by His Grace alone, you will make it through that day also
many prayers are with you, wray and jaime.

Helen said...

Kristin, I am thinking of you and your family on this day!
A loss like this will always be hurting, but it will not hurt so often anymore.

A hug from your German friend

Theme images by alacatr. Powered by Blogger.

© An Online Journal, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena