February 24, 2012

Make A Joyful Noise

There are many things that I enjoy spending time on in life. Some things I enjoy because I'm actually good at it, and others I'm not so good at but enjoy anyway.

One of these is cleaning. Yeah, I know. Crazy, Looney, Nuts, call me what you want...I've been called it before :] I love taking a horribly messy space and turning it into an organized, clean, and relaxing environment.  I believe I'm fairly good at this, and enjoy keeping my apartment 'company ready'.


Another thing I enjoy is singing. Unfortunately, at this I'm not so great. I don't think I'm horrible, but I'm not trying out for American Idol either. But I still find myself singing everyday, simply because I find it fun!


Well, I like to mix these two things. Almost the entire time I'm cleaning my apartment I'm singing away! (yes, this also includes dancing with the broom and sliding across the kitchen floor :] ) Sometimes I'm singing along to music from a CD while other times I'm just singing to the music in my head :]


Well, last week on cleaning day I was singing away to the music in my head...which just so happened to be a song from Cinderella haha


Cinderelly, Cinderelly
Night and day it's Cinderelly
Make the fire, fix the breakfast
Wash the dishes, do the mopping


I was just going about my business scrubbing the shower and must not have realized exactly how loud I was singing, so imagine my surprise when suddenly another voice joins in! Yes, that would be one of my apartment building neighbors. 

They seemed quite happy to be singing along, so I wasn't sure if I should do a  

and that's the end of the show folks

 or  

thank you, thank you, I'll be here all night

So even though I'm not the next contestant on The Voice, singing brought joy and laughter to my day. (and hopefully my neighbor's too) I've found that to make it through each day I need to find some little piece of joy! It's funny how this usually comes from doing something dumb and laughing at myself :]


What brings joy to your day? Do you find reasons for laughter?



1 comment:

Chuck said...

Just watching how God works it all out brings joy to my day. Laughing at the silly things we all do, and how silly we look doing them.

Theme images by alacatr. Powered by Blogger.

© An Online Journal, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena