March 6, 2012

And It's Only Day Two

I've mentioned my new job on Facebook, but to my readers who are not connected with me through Facebook: I'm a Nanny again! Started on Monday!

I feel so blessed to be working as a Nanny again and only 2 days into it I already know that this is going to be awesome! 

I never thought I'd be able to say this, but I feel like I'm 15 years old again...back before all my health problems started and I felt like a 'normal' human being. This new doctor has been great, and I really do feel like my old young-self again :]

Tomorrow is day 3 of my new job, and already I've rediscovered some 

Telltale signs that I'm a Nanny!

  • I walked around all afternoon/evening after work wondering why I could still smell baby puke. When I got home from the market I caught a glimpse of the back of my shirt...yes, dried up baby puke alllll down the back of my shirt.

  • I have mastered the art of getting a 6.5 month old to open his mouth to eat his food. You spin in a circle, make a funny face, and say "Ta-da". He then laughs just long enough for you to slip the spoon in his mouth and dump the nasty sme...I mean, yummy smelling baby food on his tongue. 
 
  • Toddler-talk is now my second language. 
 
  • On my way home from work today I wasn't listening to my favorite Adele CD. No, I was singing the Bubble Guppies song.
 
  • An afternoon snack of Goldfish and a juice box are now part of the daily routine. 
  

    No comments:

    Theme images by alacatr. Powered by Blogger.

    © An Online Journal, AllRightsReserved.

    Designed by ScreenWritersArena